Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Edwards drops out of presidential race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Edwards drops out of presidential race

    Former Sen. John Edwards is dropping out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, CNN has learned.

    Edwards has told top advisers about his decision. It is expected he will announce it at a speech in New Orleans, Louisiana, at 1 p.m. Wednesday.

    Edwards had amassed 26 delegates in the race for the Democratic nomination.

    New Orleans is the same city in which Edwards declared his run to be the 2008 Democratic presidential nominee.

    Edwards' campaign Web site said he was to deliver an address on poverty and work on a Habitat for Humanity project in New Orleans on Wednesday.

    Edwards has trailed former first lady Hillary Clinton and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama in the early primaries, including a third-place finish in Tuesday's Florida primary, with 14 percent of the votes. He also came in third in key races in New Hampshire and South Carolina.

    An Edwards aide said that he does not plan to endorse either Clinton or Obama, at this time, but he may do so in the future.

    Edwards had campaigned on the message that he was standing up for the little guy, the people who are not traditionally given a voice in Washington, and that he would do more to fight special interests.

    Commenting on his New Orleans trip on Tuesday, Edwards said the city symbolized why he chose to run for president.

    "It's a living, breathing example of the heart of my message, what I'm talking about," Edwards said. "I mean it's the failure of government to be there when people need it. It's a perfect indication of the conditions of poverty that exist in America."

    In a reaction to President Bush's State of the Union address Monday, Edwards said, "The truth is that Washington is out of touch with what's happening across the country. Between now and January of 2009, Democrats must stand up to this president, stand up for what's right, so he does not continue to forget about the middle class in this country."

    One Edwards aide said he is not dropping out of the race due to his wife's health. Elizabeth Edwards announced last year that her breast cancer had returned.

    Edwards was John Kerry's running mate on the Democratic presidential ticket in 2004.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Edwards drops out of presidential race

    Ambulance chasing baby whisperer...IOW, a pathetic piece of [censored].
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Edwards drops out of presidential race

    And with that this diehard democrat is voting for John McCain. If he's not the republican nominee I'm voting for a 3rd party. The democrats are officialy the most retarded politcal party in the history of the world. Run Edwards and you win in a landslide, now moderate democrats like myself are going to vote republican.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Edwards drops out of presidential race

    I believe the Dem nominee still wins.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Edwards drops out of presidential race

    If anyone cares about their economy and fixing the mess the country is currently in, the dems better win. No one wanted Edwards tho.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Edwards drops out of presidential race

    Economy is the entire reason I vote democrat but there is no way I can find it in my heart to go in there and vote for Clinton or Obama. Before I came to college I was a diehard democrat, everyday I'm up here I become more and more conservative. I'm just getting tired of being told how to believe/think shoved down my throat. Liberals views on Christianity are riduclous as well, and the homosexuality issue is getting overblown. I personally could care less what two people do, straight, bisexual,and homosexual do when they are home but I don't want to see any of them getting all up in each others grill in public. I really think the minority in this country for the most part is getting an evergrowing voice (which intended as a good thing) as grown at such a disportionate rate that it's getting out of hand. You don't see me getting all up in arms over the lack of whites in certain fields. If minorities are left out of anything sports, government, etc they cry and get special treatment. The minority hiring rule in the NFL is a joke, that would be the same as telling every NBA team they need to have one White American on each team. I'm off my soap box now.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Edwards drops out of presidential race

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone cares about their economy and fixing the mess the country is currently in, the dems better win. No one wanted Edwards tho. </div></div>

    You should be happy with anyone. The four front-runners are all (D)'s.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Edwards drops out of presidential race

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And with that this diehard democrat is voting for John McCain. If he's not the republican nominee I'm voting for a 3rd party. The democrats are officialy the most retarded politcal party in the history of the world. Run Edwards and you win in a landslide, now moderate democrats like myself are going to vote republican. </div></div>

    You are by far not the only one....The Dems had my vote from teh start, all tehy had to do was send a true American out for the job, and they have failed...My mother, and my grandparent on my dads side, have never cast a vote for anyone who was not a democrat, and my mom says she is voting for a repub. because of the candidates the dems have sent out, my grandmother is doing the same, and my grandfather is not going to vote, for the first time since he turned 18, and he is 76...he said if that was the best people the democrats could find after all his support, that he would just take his vote to the ground with him...hahaha I thought that was funny as heck
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  9. #9
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Edwards drops out of presidential race

    Just because there isn't a white man getting the dem's nomination doesn't mean their candidate isn't the best for the job. The Rep's have no one unless you want 4 more years of the same BS we've had for the past 8. The Dem's aren't much better..but at least they'll change the path we're on now. I'm not all that excited about Obama or Clinton...but I'm a hell of alot more excited about them than someone like McCain, Guilini, Romney or Huckabee. But, the train of thought that says I'm not going to vote for someone unless their entire platform appeals to me is what has put us in the mess we're in. Looking back, who cares if gays marry or tougher laws are placed on who can get guns??..It couldn't be any worse than our current predicament.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Edwards drops out of presidential race

    McCain is just honest, thats what I like about him. I really dont agree with him at all on the war issue but do agree with him on gay rights, guns, and health care.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •